Friday, April 23, 2010

Chapter 6 Quotes

"Every morning the world flung itself over and exposed the town to the sun."
Janie is happy in this quote. She is noticing change in the town since Joe Bought the land and everybody is participating in fixing it up. She wakes up and see joy in her, Joe, and the townspeople are doing to help the land. I think she means that the sun shines on the town, and when the sun shines it nothing but a wonderful feeling.

"Somebody got to think for woman and chillun and chicken and cow s themselves. I god, they sho don't think none theirselves."
I find this quote to be disrespectful, but I think that Joe is trying to say that woman and children cannot think right, and they are brainless and wild like cows and chicken. Joe thinks that they cannot control themselves so someone w=has to do thinking for them. However, I find the quote as an insult to woman and children.

No comments: